Friday, March 10, 2017

SIX

We have a SIX year old !



Two weeks ago, Jasiu turned six, we kissed our five year old good night and whispered in his ear that tomorrow he will wake up a six year old.

With all the excitement he asked, will I be bigger than Sebastian (younger but taller cousin)?  I replied, you will be OLDER not necessarily bigger (taller) and he gave me a satisfied smile and fell asleep with the idea of being Older than his cousin. The worries/ excitements of a true 6 year old!

How blessed are we that he can still go to sleep worrying about the stuff that matters most to just kids and not about his heart.

His birthday, was a no Polish School Saturday, so that was a plus, we celebrated with just the 5 of us and a small M&M cake. Then his godmother came over with a great gift relevant to prior week's early celebrations Monster Jam Truck, our Favorite Pirates Curse.  (A very good gift Ciocia)

Every birthday I think about all that went on the day Jasiu was born and the immediate days that followed. The fear, uncertainty and love we had for this brand new baby hooked up to those machines, medicines and that required 24/7 medical assistance. I think about it and think I wish I can go back to myself 6 years ago and tell her that it gets better and that  it is all worth it. I remember being scared that he may not make it out of the OR, the first time, that he may have complications, that he may not make it out the second, third time... always fearing the worst. Was it all for nothing... maybe, but all those fears are helping me realize that we must cherish each day....

Now days, it's hard to think that this wild, stubborn, yet loving and cuddly kid went through all that in his first two years of life.   Jasiu has such willpower to do what he wants and the most squiggly annoying little voice that sometimes honestly he just drives us nuts, I find myself raising my voice  OK yelling and then falling asleep feeling bad about it, like any other parent. However, most of the days I think how much love of life and all things boy. He has so much energy I don't know where it comes from but we are glad he has it.

So for now we deal with  enjoy this rambunctious Jasiu of ours and hope and pray he has this much energy and love of life forever.

Happy Birthday Jasiu !

Here are some pictures from our celebrations.








No comments:

Post a Comment