Monday, April 23, 2012

Running for Hope 5k Run/Fun Walk

I decided to sign up Team Jasiu for the Running for Hope 5K Run/Walk.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

Keeler Park, 93rd St. & Keeler in Oak Lawn


I know it's kind of late ( a little over a month's notice) but I always say better late than ever and usually now with 2 kids in tow, we are late a lot :(  To my defense, I just found out about this event this Saturday and decided that Team Jasiu is on.

The donation proceeds that are raised will be used for Advocate Hope Children's hospital and the Ronald McDonald's house right next door to the hospital. You can read more about the walk on the official website description here. 

We love Hope Hospital, we are lucky to be so close to an excellent hospital with such a wonderful heart center that I feel like we have to give back in any way we can since it has been such a major part of our lives this past year.

Jasiu, Emily, Joe, my two sisters and me are Team Jasiu (so far) !

I hope to raise awareness about this event in hope to recruit runners or walkers (we will be walking) to join our team. I am in the process of creating the team website where each person will be able to register. I will post it here and on my Facebook page as well. If you can not join us for the walk any donations are truly appreciated. I think our first year we won't set an official monetary goal but see what Team Jasiu  can do. I know we have a lot of fans and supporters so we can't wait to see how much we can raise.

Stay tuned for more information.  Let the training begin...




No comments:

Post a Comment