Monday, May 6, 2013

Back at Hope

I am sad to report that we are back at the hospital being admitted for IV diuretics. I started to notice puffiness on the eyes Saturday night and on Sunday I gave an extra dose of lasix and the eyes were still puffy. We were supposed to be at the hospital for an INR check anyways so I called them with my report and they said to get an x ray just in case. Well mommy intuition was right the right lung looked half way filled with fluid. The doctor even showed me to compare to Fridays x ray. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of it with the diuretics and Jasiu just needs more time to recover so that the pesky fluid stays away. This seems to be one of the most common complication of the Fontan. They don't want to test if its chyle or just regular fluid just yet because we have been on the fat free diet since Thursday. I hope that chest tubes are not in our future. Please help is pray that they are not. We are spending at least one night maybe two.

No comments:

Post a Comment