Friday, December 7, 2012

Always Something...

Wouldn't it be nice to have a day off where I can just spend the day with the kids, do the usual errands, etc... nope, not around here. John likes to keep us on our toes and this time came down with pink eye, yep, pink eye.

Gross, pussy, pink and swollen eyes. Our kid just needs a break. I know in the grand scheme of things this is nothing, but it's always something.  So off to the pediatrician we went today because if it got worse over the weekend there would be no one to see him on Saturday or Sunday besides the ER, and boy do we NOT want to go there!  So a quick call to the ped at 9:30 and we are in at 12 pm right after Emily's preschool.  I also asked to do a full check because of the swollen eyes made me think if he wasn't gathering fluid so she felt the liver and funny how she just knew what I was afraid of (every heart parent knows my biggest fear) She said that it's not the same type of swelling if he was to retain fluid and be in heart failure, but better to be safe than sorry and I'm glad our pediatrician is on board. While we were at it, we checked the ears and it turns out that last month's ear infection wasn't quite completely gone and there is some fluid still in the right ear so we were given a different antibiotic instead of just drops for the eyes.  Hopefully this medicine tastes good just like his Enalapril.

Also, we scheduled the next heart catheterizing for January 11, 2013, because what a way to start the New Year than with a hospital visit... that's just how we roll. I already spoke to the nurses who scheduled it and said that it most likely will be OK to give him a dose of Versed before they start doing ANYTHING to him to make him a little loopy and hopefully a lot more calm and relaxed... than the nurse asked me if I will need some as well... HA!  I wish !

Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment